Many of us have thought, “does my ONE vote even count?” We’ve thought it too. Then maybe we didn’t vote, sidestepped political discussion, or didn’t read up on who is being elected in our city, state, or country. This year, you’ve most likely been inundated with election news whether you like it or not. It’s nearly impossible to avoid. This is a bipartisan request: vote. Be informed. Read the issues. Know your impact in choosing the political leaders of our country. Register to vote today.
- Be registered to vote in Washington. Check if you’re registered to vote.
- Washington State driver’s license or current Washington State ID card
- Be a US citizen
- Be 18 by Election Day, Nov 8
- Live in the state, county, and precinct by Oct 9
- If convicted of a felony, not be in jail or community custody
- Not currently be judged incompetent by a court
- Not claim the right to vote in another state
Register here: http://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/myvote/olvr.html
Not convinced your vote matters? Read this piece by Huffington Post on why you should vote.